Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler)

Posted By: missmarybrewster

Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/09/19 03:59 PM

Not really sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here:

I am fairly new to working with a POD versus a "real" cash drawer. It definitely has it's perks, but one drawback I've noticed is this:

If a customer comes in and wants 4 quarters in exchange for a $1.00, there is NO WAY (that I know of?) to complete a coin exchange. With the POD system, our coin is locked in "towers" and disburses when there is a cashed check.....but I can't think of a way to get quarters out.

Are there any other tellers that have a work around? It's been suggested I keep a loose coin tray, but then doesn't that defeat the purpose of the POD?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly; I'm just frustrated! smile
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/09/19 04:09 PM

have a conversation with your vendor that sold/installed the system, they should know the way to make this work
Posted By: lynnway2

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/09/19 05:24 PM

We actually have those. We have to have a actual cash drawer for bait money. It's up to each person if they want to keep loose change in their drawer for situations like that. Also, on the recyclers we have, there is a withdraw button that will allow you to withdraw coins from the machine. Not all of them have them though, as our machines are fairly new. Other branches of ours have older machines that don't have that button.
Posted By: Complycated

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/10/19 04:47 PM

When I worked with cash recyclers we had to keep a cash drawer with a very minimal amount of loose coin and bills for those types of transactions.
Posted By: KPAP

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/10/19 06:04 PM

We do the same-Our tellers also keep a cash drawer with a minimal amount of cash for loose coin and bill exchanges.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/16/19 08:02 PM

Ain't automation great? The systems were designed without a full understanding of the task to be automated.
Posted By: missmarybrewster

Re: Tellers that work with PODS (Cash Recycler) - 01/22/19 07:13 PM

I understand the concept of having an actual physical drawer to compliment the POD, but doesn't that truly defeat the purpose?

It's so frustrating. I just want to do the most simple of transactions and it's literally a 473 step process.

I suppose Management had something to do with the design versus asking an actual teller. *wink*