RDC and mobile deposit - holds

Posted By: Anonymous

RDC and mobile deposit - holds - 08/18/14 01:25 PM

What is your bank's policy in terms of placing holds on RDC and mobile deposits? Are you following your Reg CC time lines, or do you have a different policy for these? Our contracts specifically state that the customer agrees Reg CC is not applicable, and they state that the deposit must be made by 4 to be considered deposited that day, otherwise it's considered deposited the next day.
Posted By: RBanker

Re: RDC and mobile deposit - holds - 08/18/14 01:58 PM

Without knowing your bank's program, I would hesitate to share too much, as it's likely we are approacing the service from different avenues.

If you would like to PM me with your email address, I'd be happy to share some details about our program.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: RDC and mobile deposit - holds - 08/18/14 03:24 PM

Just a quick observation so others don't get confused and I'll butt out...

Quote:
Our contracts specifically state that the customer agrees Reg CC is not applicable,

In this specific context, the contract simply puts the customer on notice of the way things are; the consensus here is that Regulation CC simply doesn't apply to RDC deposits. In other circumstances, if Regulation CC applies to the transaction, banks cannot simply insert contractual language saying that it doesn't.