Eisenhower Dollars

Posted By: Anonymous

Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 02:28 PM

Any idea what to do with these things?

Our coin machine won't accept them, and I've been told that we cannot "trade" them with dollar coins already in our bags.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 02:43 PM

If you have a thousand of them, you can deposit them with the Federal Reserve: https://frbservices.org/resources/financial-services/cash/depositing-ordering/coin.html

Otherwise, give them out to your customers.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 02:58 PM

We had a bunch of those that we wanted to get rid of and couldn't send them to the Fed because we only had 40 or so. We asked the tellers to offer then to customers and surprisingly the customers wanted them because they hadn't had one in a long time. They went fast and we didn't have to worry about them after that.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 03:49 PM

Love Eisenhower silver dollars.
Posted By: praBSA

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 05:15 PM

The numismatist in me says... make sure someone checks them for any that are valuable if you are going to send them off to the Fed. 99% of them have no numismatic value, but some rare ones do.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 07:00 PM

OP here; thanks for your suggestions and input.

I'm sure our customers will eat them up, but, they're just so CLUNKY, and don't fit anywhere in a coin tray.
Posted By: burkemi

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/10/22 07:32 PM

If I was a nearby customer I'd just about take them all off your hands!!! lol
Posted By: Rocky P

Re: Eisenhower Dollars - 05/11/22 07:39 PM

I had friend celebrating an even anniversary. Found one for the year they were married. Very impressed.

If you want to sell out fast, Make a sign with the years "Know anyone born or married in 19xx? We have an inexpensive gift they will appreciate!"