HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW?

Posted By: Skittles

HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/06/12 07:40 PM

I got an additional HMDA verification e-mail concerning the low income of a borrower. I am to respond by Monday. I also have a friend that got one and she's a consultant and didn't file a LAR. Does anyone know if these are legit?

thanks!
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/06/12 07:44 PM

Verification email???

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/06/12 08:28 PM

Here's what it says:

MACRO Edit Q024 - HMDA LAR Income Amount Verification

Please note, macro quality edits are not necessarily errors. The purpose of macro edits is to discover data which could skew the institution's disclosure report and the MSA/MD aggregate reports.

Q024: Income is numeric and less than or equal to $9 thousand; Verify

Please verify the income amount(s):

Loan Number: Income Amount (in thousands):
(Embedded image moved to file: pic19912.gif)(Embedded image moved to file:
pic25667.gif)
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/09/12 02:15 AM

I got one asking for reverification of the income Q edits I had too. I'd already done that when I submitted so I just wrote the response and sent it back. nbd
Posted By: Deena

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/10/12 07:04 PM

I had one also and just sent an e-mail with the reason our coding was correct. I got a "thank you" from HMDA Help.

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/11/12 11:55 AM

Me, too. It was just so odd to see that I questioned on whether or not it was spam. You just can't trust everybody these days.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/11/12 06:36 PM

I just got it, too!

Holy cow. What's the point of the edit report responses if they're going to send out these "are you REALLY sure about that?" emails later?

ETA: and my "respond by" date is TODAY with complete resubmission due by tomorrow if not correct. crazy
Posted By: #12

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/11/12 07:01 PM

Exactly how the one I received today was! Good thing I wasn't out of the office today!
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/11/12 07:05 PM

I got one a week or so ago as well.
Posted By: manimal

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/11/12 07:09 PM

Jeez, now I'm sort of nervous that I HAVEN'T gotten one... eek
Posted By: PATSGirl74

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/12/12 08:14 PM

I got one as well - obv my thoughts were the same as yours. What is the point of the edit report to begin with. Of course I check the thing before i send it ..... I check it & check it & check it some more. I am wondering if some people did have to resubmit and if so would that cause then a penalty? It is a Q edit after all - gheesh
Posted By: Bluesfan57

Re: HMDA Verification E-mails - NOW? - 04/12/12 08:42 PM

got ours about a week ago, and it wasnt even about all the edits. it was only the two low income amounts less than 10.000 asking that we confirm.

as if we havent checked and checked and for checking's sake checked again