Counteroffer/conditional approval???

Posted By: Relax

Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:33 PM

Loan application was approved "with acceptable co-signer and an acceptable appraisal"..as notated in file. An adverse action/counteroffer was completed stating the loan would be approved "with an acceptable co-signer". How do I report this? Furthermore, the income says..TBD (to be determined)...ARGH
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:34 PM

Sounds like a denial to me with no income considered.
Posted By: ComplianceNerd

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:36 PM

I would report it as a Denial and for income - NA

The loan was not extended on the original terms requested. You may have to follow up with the officer to see why the applicant did not qualify by themselves.

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:36 PM

The borrower did not respond to the counteroffer/conditional approval..therefore, I was going to report it as a denial but wasn't sure. And the income situation as well..

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:38 PM

For the record, i don't see this as a conditional approval, not with the requirement for a co-signer. I don't think you can "conditionally approve" a request on different terms than the applicant applied for.

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By raitchjay
For the record, i don't see this as a conditional approval, not with the requirement for a co-signer.

Agreed!

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:43 PM

One more thing..there is income listed on the application, taxes/W2s in the file, and on the request for approval it says "primary source of repayment: employment income from XXX". Then on the same request for approval, it says "Debt-to-income: TBD". This is where I am confused on what to put for income..NA? or what is listed on the application??

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:47 PM

I'd go with the income in the file and report that.

Re: Counteroffer/conditional approval??? - 06/30/15 02:50 PM

Yes - if there's income in there, I'd report that. I was under the impression there wasn't any income in there at all.