HMDA Final Rule

Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 07:50 PM

Since things are slow here in the threads, I thought I would let you know that I inquired of the CFPB about when we might see the final rule for the revised HMDA regulation. It was originally on their schedule to be published in July, then August. The "unofficial reply" I received by phone this week was that they are looking more toward year end. Being "mindful" of TRID was mentioned.

That doesn't change the "earliest" date we would have to start gathering data under the new rules, which would be 1/1/2017 (the first January 1st 9 months after publication in the Federal Register). And of course they could select a later date. We won't know until we see the final rules.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 08:26 PM

I'm sure their being 'mindful' of TRID is exactly why it may be pushed back.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 08:26 PM

Oh - and thanks for the information Kathleen.
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 09:13 PM

Appreciate the update Kathleen.
Posted By: TMatt87

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 10:25 PM

Bummer. I'm the HMDA guy at our bank, so I was hoping to see the final rules so I can decide how much of a raise to ask for grin
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/25/15 10:35 PM

And I want to get my hands on them to read...so I am a little disappointed too! smile
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: HMDA Final Rule - 08/26/15 05:52 PM

If they are done with the final rule and the effective date is the same (presume 1/1/17), then holding the release until TRID settles down, isn't doing anyone a favor. I can decide to wait to read them when my work load is less or begin reading them now. I assume they are working out some details. Therefore, they are holding the release back.