Tracking Software

Posted By: JustMe!

Tracking Software - 04/01/09 11:32 PM

Does anyone use tracking software for tracking outstanding audit items? If so, what software do you use?

I know that there is a couple excel spreadsheets available on here, but I would like to see if I can find software that would be more user friendly and would allow me to pull a number of reports.
Posted By: Banker27

Re: Tracking Software - 04/02/09 06:30 PM

We use Teammate for all steps of the audit- workpapers, planning and exception tracking.
Posted By: A_G

Re: Tracking Software - 04/02/09 07:19 PM

I use Lotus Notes for all audit work.

Outstanding items are tracked via Excel and updated monthly.
Posted By: Audit_Viking

Re: Tracking Software - 04/02/09 09:31 PM

If you're on the Microsoft Office suite, I'm a big fan of SharePoint...During the audit, the issue is created in an audit-specific "database" list. I gather Management Responses/Updates/Comments via emails (sent out through Outlook) and can track them, receive alerts when someone adds anything and ultimately do Past Due Issues reporting (automated) for the Audit Ctte. All this in a tool that is always current (no need for assembling reports), resides on my companies Intranet site and specifically identifies the auditee.

If you have this software available, I'd be glad to share with you my approach. Good Luck!!
Posted By: DerrickAuditor

Re: Tracking Software - 04/09/09 09:24 PM

We use AuditAlert. We enter the audit finding and an email is generated to the auditee. The auditee clicks on a web link and enters their management response/action plan. Then, the following quarter, it sends another email asking if they have fully implemented their action plan, partially implemented it, or not yet implemented it. It is very automated.

For us, the quarterly follow-ups only happen for high priority and repeat findings. AuditAlert will do it, but we do not have it follow up quarterly on moderate or low priority rated findings.
Posted By: Banknote

Re: Tracking Software - 04/14/09 12:28 AM

Would you please PM me with your audit process with SharePoint?
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Tracking Software - 05/01/09 07:29 PM

We use DAudit for all exception items. This tracks all insurance renewals and missing documentation.