Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week.

Posted By: Anonymous

Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/13/03 04:12 PM

Who all went to the Audit Institute last week and how did you like it??
Posted By: seas78

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/13/03 04:23 PM

I attended the last week in MN, but I am assuming that it is all the same. I got a lot out of it. If you have been to the 1st week, you can expect the same type of class structure & testing. Deffinately worth attending.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/13/03 04:26 PM

I totally agree, I heard that the 4th test on financial statements is VERY HARD, is that true??
Posted By: TDW

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/14/03 12:31 PM

I went to the MO Week 1 audit school. It was SO GOOD!!! I learned SO MUCH!!! I am actually looking forward to Week 2 in Minneapolis. The instructors were great and the material will be so helpful in developing my audit program. The only complaint I have is I think I gained 5 pounds, you are never short on food!!!

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/17/03 02:34 PM

Just got back from the full two weeks in MO. It was very intense and YES the audit IV test is very hard. You really need to have accounting term knowldege. It was a very good school but I am very tired. I AM CERTIFIED!!! Now I diet and sleep.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/20/03 09:28 PM

I just got back, it was intense but well worth it.
Posted By: c.a.r

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/20/03 09:42 PM

It was great... They cram a boat load of information in to your head, but well worth the plane trip.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/21/03 02:29 PM

What is audit institute? It looks great!
Where can I find those information?
Thanks
Posted By: Dollar Bill

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/21/03 05:52 PM

You can find the information on the Idependent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) website. I am going to try to go for the full 2 weeks in September. It is being held in Minneapolis September 7-19.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/21/03 09:43 PM

Take a pad for your back and hinny... You do get breaks and food. You will gain 10 lbs.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/21/03 09:52 PM

Do you recommend doing one week at a time, or both weeks back-to-back? I'm considering going to Minneapolis in September.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/21/03 10:17 PM

Two weeks was hard being away from my family. I however, did meet others that were in the TW club and we had a good time. I would do the two weeks again. I liked getting it over and some of the harder information was repeated in other classes so it helped make things clearer. Watch out for tornados in MO..... We got to see the basment of the Embessy suites.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/22/03 12:27 PM

Quote:

Take a pad for your back and hinny... You do get breaks and food. You will gain 10 lbs.

This is very true, I gained 7 lbs!!! I will say they take great care of you and the Embassey Suites has "FREE" cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30 EVERYDAY!!!

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/22/03 12:28 PM

Where were you sitting C.A.R.?? I was there the first week sitting in the front table by Dave the lawyer.
Posted By: wlavoie

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/22/03 03:35 PM

I attended week one in Minneapolis during 9-11. That was interesting! A little tough to stay focused on the task at hand, but it was handled very well with plenty of breaks to watch the news.

Personally, I liked doing each week separately. I met several people who I keep in contact with frequently. It was really great to be able to see them again 6 months later at week two (as well as make more new friends)

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/22/03 06:16 PM

I was sitting on the far right second table.. with Justin, John, Mike and Lareen.. I did forget to mention the free toddies..
Posted By: The Referee

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/23/03 02:17 PM

It was a very good course. There was a lot of information presented in a very short period of time (relatively speaking!) and I'm still suffering from information overload. Two weeks is a killer especially towards the end of the second week, but it was well worth it.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/23/03 08:19 PM

Yea, I thought my new found friends were going to hang me from my toes before it was all over... or wait that was jen hanging from her toes.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/23/03 10:40 PM

oh mom, your so crazy.
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/24/03 01:43 PM

Quote:

I am going to try to go for the full 2 weeks in September. It is being held in Minneapolis September 7-19.

I wanted to go but we have Examiners coming right before then. There is no way they will let me out of the bank.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/27/03 02:33 PM

It was fun!! The hardest part to me was standing in line to get your test graded... I don't think anyone had to have retakes.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/28/03 02:53 PM

Quote:

oh mom, your so crazy.

OK,which one of my Audit children is this...?
Posted By: jason

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 12:53 PM

its me, your favorite audit child.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 01:42 PM

HUGS to ya!!
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 03:40 PM

I must defend myself...I was never hanging from my toes. My toes were frozen because it was so cold in there. C.A.R. just couldn't hear very well!

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 04:23 PM

cute poney! maybe it was because I had my other sidekick to the right.. I can't wait until the update next year!

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 04:25 PM

I'm going to the Update this fall in MN. I've heard of a couple of other people who are going as well. I just can't live without seeing some of the TW's again!

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 04:26 PM

This fall?? When, maybe I can go also.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 04:28 PM

It's Sept 22-24.
Posted By: jason

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 08:32 PM

havent you had enough ICBA for the year. two solid weeks and you want more. ha ha i hope you gals have fun, maybe in a few years i will be able to go back.
Posted By: The Referee

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 08:55 PM

Quote:

maybe it was because I had my other sidekick to the right..

Don't go blaming me for your comments!!

As for the conference this fall, I'm waiting to here some more information about the materials to be covered before I try to get it approved. Let me know if you hear anything.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 09:14 PM

Me too, silly. I would imagine with all the new USA PATRIOT and CIP stuff that there will be plenty of new info.

Re: Audit Institute in Kansas City, MO last week. - 05/29/03 09:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

maybe it was because I had my other sidekick to the right..

Don't go blaming me for your comments!!

OOPPSS!! Was not sureyou were still watching.. hugs to ya!!