Quality control cheklist for loan origination

Posted By: JW QC Audit

Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/08/13 12:06 PM

Good Morning,

anyone have a quality control cheklist for loan origination that could share and e-mail me. thanks
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/08/13 01:40 PM

I sent you a PM.
Posted By: JW QC Audit

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/08/13 01:48 PM

Thank You!!!!
Posted By: lbbanker

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/11/13 08:59 PM

Just Skittles,
I would love one too please. Thanks.
Posted By: Beachbum, CRCM

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/11/13 09:05 PM

me too smile
Posted By: mlongbons

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/12/13 04:43 PM

I would like one too! Please and thank you.

mlongbons@bankofwolcott.com
Posted By: Here4Life

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/14/13 07:45 PM

I would like one too, please! Thanks!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/14/13 08:28 PM

Sorry - I was out a couple of days last week and missed these requests. The document I have is actually a 'Pre-closing checklist' for real estate loans. This was recommended by the FDIC at their last exam and is for the loan officer's and processor's to use prior to loan origination to verify they have all of the information needed. I'll e-mail it to you; however I need your e-mail address. Mlongbons - obviously I have yours.
Posted By: ScoutLaRue

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 01/16/17 08:50 PM

Resurrecting an old thread.. I'm on the hunt for a checklist for our team. Anyone willing to share what they are currently using for LOs/Processing?
Posted By: ScoutLaRue

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 02/21/17 07:30 PM

anyone?
Posted By: Norman Paperman

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 02/21/17 07:42 PM

Someone might share, but most users here tend to view internal documents as proprietary. Might be better to ask for advice on what to look for, what areas to cover, etc. rather than asking for the whole enchilada.
Posted By: CULady

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 02/21/17 09:17 PM

I would start with policy and procedures, then move on to documents. Most of the items that would show up on a checklist should be covered in those areas.

So go through loan policies and procedures and see what is suppose to be done. For us, a credit report is to be pulled and must be within 60 days of funding date, add that to the checklist. We have operating procedures that cover how long funds need to be on deposit before doing a savings secured loan, so that would go on the checklist. Then move on to what are the required documents for each loan type. All loans would have an signed application, funding docs, etc.

We have a customized checklist for vehicle loans, personal loans, savings/cd secured loans, credit cards and indirect vehicle loans.

After you start reviewing a few, I think you will get an idea of what you are looking for. For us, it is an always moving target, so whatever you create, just be sure to be flexible and willing to make changes to it.

Hope this helps a little! smile
Posted By: MBTCompliance

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 02/22/17 12:21 AM

CULady said it well. We incorporated our internal lending policies/procedures, state-specific documents, and federal regulatory requirements into our own unique checklists. We used David Dickinson's Real Estate Loan Matrix (http://www.bankerscompliance.com/assets/files/documentation/REMatrix-10.1.pdf) and Loan Checklists (http://www.bankerscompliance.com/assets/files/documentation/RE-Checklists-(Version-2.1).doc) to help incorporate the federal regs. Our compliance external auditors provided guidance as well.

Ours are separated based on consumer vs. commercial/ag purpose and by collateral. For example, we have a consumer improved real estate, consumer initial construction, consumer title/UCC, consumer land only, consumer home equity line of credit, consumer unsecured, consumer deposit-secured, commercial/ag real estate, commercial/ag title/UCC, etc.

We update them often. For example, if there are new regs, loan review or compliance review finds we are missing items, etc.
Posted By: t0dd

Re: Quality control cheklist for loan origination - 09/06/17 06:53 PM

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the Quality Control Checklist?