TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually

Posted By: totallyconfused

TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 01/26/17 07:58 PM

So for some time the lending software the bank used didn't support construction loans. The calculations on those loans was done manually using a calculator developed by an employee. This is calculations on loan estimate page 3 and closing disclosure page 5. I am trying to use APRWIN to verify the calculations but I am running into issues. Not sure who has gone through and validated the calculations on those sheets before but if you have can you give me some tips?
Posted By: bcompliance

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 01/26/17 09:55 PM

I have not, but I think I attended a seminar and the instructor indicated that APRWIN would not be able to determine something on the LE and the CD. This may be the field you are refering to.

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 01/27/17 02:44 PM

Well I am having an issue calculating even the APR using APRWIN for construction loans.

I can come close but one I am off by .487%
Posted By: bcompliance

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 01/27/17 03:09 PM

I would take a closer look at the calculator the employee created and see if there is an error on their end.
Posted By: fmissle

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 01/27/17 10:40 PM

Check Interest Reserve that could be wrong in the calculator or entered wrong in APRWin?

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 02/09/17 06:40 PM

I know this has been asked before but is there a User Manual or help guide for APRWIN?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: TRID audit on Construction was Calculated manually - 02/09/17 10:16 PM

Open APRWIN - at the top - click on Help - select contents