Salaries

Posted By: Anonymous

Salaries - 12/17/04 02:55 PM

I know there was a post a sometime ago regarding salaries. I'm now wondering what pay scales are out there for Intenal Audit Assistants. The position entails performing audits as assigned by the head of IA and drafting reports. I think our staff is underpaid and am wondering what others are being paid in similar positions.

If you have a position similiar to this I would be interested to know your regional location, whether the position is hourly or salary, what the pay is, and if there is any potential for bonus. I really appreciate any input.

Thanks.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Salaries - 12/17/04 04:00 PM

In the lower midwest, assuming this is someone with a relevant degree, starting out as full-time audit staff, I would expect this to pay in the mid 30's in most areas, up to 40 in major cities.

Re: Salaries - 12/17/04 04:41 PM

sorry...one more question...asset size of institution? Thanks!
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Salaries - 12/17/04 05:19 PM

I personally haven't seen a lot of variation, assuming we are still talking about full-time audit staff. At some point, a bank is too small to have a full-time auditor, and other responsibilities may impact on the figures I gave above.
Posted By: AKauditor

Re: Salaries - 12/17/04 09:17 PM

We're a 2.8 Billion institution. Auditor I pay range is 32.4 - 50.1, Auditor II 37.4 - 55.2, Sr. 44.9 - 74.9, VP has no ceiling.
Quarterly bonus depending upon income, customer satisfaction survey, etc. shared equally by all non-management employees. Annual bonus for VP.
Posted By: TB

Re: Salaries - 12/18/04 11:35 AM

Quote:

We're a 2.8 Billion institution. Auditor I pay range is 32.4 - 50.1, Auditor II 37.4 - 55.2, Sr. 44.9 - 74.9, VP has no ceiling.
Quarterly bonus depending upon income, customer satisfaction survey, etc. shared equally by all non-management employees. Annual bonus for VP.

How do I get a job as an auditor for the bank???

Re: Salaries - 12/20/04 05:08 PM

I am the Assistant Auditor of a $290 million bank upstate NY. There are just the two of us here. I am an officer. My salary range starts at $27,000 and caps at $50,000 before they have to change my title or upgrade the position. I am in the mid range of that. Been in this position for a little over 3 years. I get the standard 3% raise each year with a small year end bonus.
Posted By: Auditjg

Re: Salaries - 12/28/04 03:29 PM

I am the assistant with just the senior auditor so there is two of us. We are a 400 mil bank. I started at $32k a few months ago.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Salaries - 12/30/04 01:53 AM

Quote:

He's with a credit union TB. They have to give away all their profits...might as well give it to staff (eyes rolling)

We compete with him, so we pay close to the same
Posted By: AKauditor

Re: Salaries - 12/30/04 10:32 PM

Don't want to get into that discussion. :-)
I figure you make more from your investments than from being a bank. That was the way it was at NBA before WF.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Salaries - 12/30/04 10:44 PM

LOL Chicken

I think we do ok on those silly banking products and services too....if not, we probably have to let a few lenders off the hook
Posted By: J2C

Re: Salaries - 12/31/04 03:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

He's with a credit union TB. They have to give away all their profits...might as well give it to staff (eyes rolling)

We compete with him, so we pay close to the same

I second that Dawnie. CU's have the big bucks to spend on their employees. Probably why we have lost about 10 employees this year to a CU!!! I am in the wrong industry.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Salaries - 12/31/04 06:05 PM

I came from a CU to a bank, much much higher pay here. I started there with a girl I am still friends with and I make over 10K more than her a year, and she didn't have to start over on the food chain. Same town.

Re: Salaries - 12/31/04 06:17 PM

I'm posting Anon because there are others here that use BOL.

I've been with my bank just shy of 4 years. Been in banking for several years, bank's size under $200 mil, medium size community in the Midwest, no college degree, primary responsibility is compliance. I made $49,150 in 2004 - no bonuses or incentives.
Posted By: river girl

Re: Salaries - 12/31/04 06:57 PM

I came from a 1 billion $ bank to a $500 mill CU last year. I made more at the bank, had better benefits at the bank (Insurance and vacation), received average of $10,000 year end bonus a year at the bank, received stock options at the bank. But guess what? That bank sucked the life out of me-made me hurt to have to look at those suits everyday that didn't give a hoot about their customers. All it was about was the $. Biggest bunch of arrogant commercial lenders I've ever dealt with. Am I happier now at the credit union - you betcha - just a little bit broker. P.S. Yes, I know not all banks are that way but this one was. Don't knock it till you've tried it

Re: Salaries - 12/31/04 08:41 PM

I came from a CU to a bank. The bank is a community bank about $365 millon. I am an assistant to the internal auditor and started at $31,500 about 4 months ago. I have a degree and have been in the financial field for more than ten years. I find the community bank much rewarding than the credit union environment.

Re: Salaries - 01/01/05 12:12 AM

West Coast - 300 Million Community Bank - 25 Years Banking experience. CCBIA Certification. No Bonuses. $38,000. yr

Re: Salaries - 01/03/05 09:23 PM

See it appears to be just the opposite where I live. CU's are better benefit wise and $ wise around here.
Posted By: someone else

Re: Salaries - 01/03/05 09:31 PM

I know that I have been much better taken care of since I have come to the CU. My old BIG bank was not interested in keeping their employees happy. Smaller, community banks are probably a lot more similar to CUs.