Internal Audit Training

Posted By: SouthernComfort

Internal Audit Training - 01/05/05 04:29 PM

I have been to Internal Audit School but my boss wants me to get more training in that area. I still do not feel comfortable with this position. Does anyone know of any other training that would help with internal auditing. Your help is appreciated.
Posted By: PT5792

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/05/05 06:36 PM

You may want to look into the Certified Bank Auditor program through the Bank Administration Institute or the Certified Internal Auditor program through the Institute of Internal Auditors. Also, if you are responsible for regulatory compliance audits there is the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager program through the Institute of Certified Bankers (ABA).
Posted By: J2C

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/06/05 04:08 PM

Some colleges offer courses in internal auditing. Check that route out also.

To be honest with you I have learned pretty much all I know "on-the-job" I have gone for training, but sometimes it isn't helpful.
Posted By: trout22

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/06/05 04:17 PM

Although I am in compliance, our internal auditor and I take many of the same courses together. The IBA classes in Springfield are usually very useful (and often come with audit programs on CD's) as well as PBS seminars. The classes are usually specific to one area of banking and only last 1-2 days. (I believe you may already know this, I think I've talked to you at a few single day classes! )
Posted By: QCL

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/06/05 06:23 PM

Also I went to BAI's Risk-Based Internal Audit I class. It was pretty good.
Posted By: SouthernComfort

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/06/05 10:49 PM

Thanks for all of your help. Actually, I am already a Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer and a Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor. I don't have anyone to train me in actual auditing of the bank and I still feel a little shaky. I may check into the CIA exam.
Posted By: EdOils

Re: Internal Audit Training - 01/10/05 05:46 PM

The IIA offers seminars in various areas around the country. See website.

You can also get CE Credit for reading the magazine.