ACH Risk Assessments

Posted By: BankerKAT45

ACH Risk Assessments - 09/29/10 08:24 PM

I realize that what I am about to ask may be a simple question but i am having a very difficult time with it...

We do NOT originate ACH's - therefore from what i understand we are only required to have a Level One Risk Assessment...and I thought the Risk Assessment Levels were defined in the NACHA Rules... i cannot find it.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with defining the Levels of Risk - or have an example of a Level One Risk Assessment?

Any help would be greatly GREATLY appreciated!
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: ACH Risk Assessments - 09/30/10 12:39 PM

contact your local ACH association and ask them to furnish you the risk assessment guidelines. You may have to pay a small fee, but it is worth it
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: ACH Risk Assessments - 09/30/10 03:28 PM

My matrix is separated into originating and receiving, if you want a copy, send me a PM with your bank email address.
Posted By: Vanessa Dockery

Re: ACH Risk Assessments - 11/09/10 08:54 PM

I would LOVE to have a copy of the ACH Risk Assessment - Crunch time...less than two months to get it completed. email:
vdockery@lbtc.com
Posted By: MissJ

Re: ACH Risk Assessments - 01/24/11 03:44 PM

I am working on our ACH Risk Assessment & would greatly appreciate if anyone has an example assessment they can send me.I have been trying to work with the sample from the UMACHA site but would like to see what other banks are doing.We are a originating & receiving bank. Thank you so much for any help you can give!! My email is: jrapaich@nbofc.com
Posted By: CEK

Re: ACH Risk Assessments - 02/25/11 01:45 PM

Miss J, since you are OCC regulated institution please take a look at this guidance from your friendly OCC at this site: http://ithandbook.ffiec.gov/media/28287/occ-2006_39.pdf

It lays out the risk you should be assessing.

Also, the Retail Payment Systems handbook is another great reference, if you already don't know.

http://ithandbook.ffiec.gov/it-booklets/retail-payment-systems.aspx