Appraisal Ordering

Posted By: alemap

Appraisal Ordering - 02/14/12 02:50 PM

We are trying a new appraisal ordering software that we program to use our approve appraiser list. When the user enters the request, the software choses the appraiser at random and the person ordering the appraisal does not know who has been chosen. The person in our mortgage department (we orginate those loans and then sell them to upstream investors)says that since she is a "mortgage loan orginator" she can not use this program, because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac forbid MLO's from choosing an appraiser. I maintain that she is not choosing the appraiser if she types the info into the software, the program is. I can't get through to Fan Or Fred for help, and their compliance pages are vague at best. Can someone help me? Please!!!!!
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: Appraisal Ordering - 02/14/12 03:11 PM

The first thing that comes to my mind is how the appraisal is addressed. Does the software request the appraisal on her behalf? Freddie/Fannie are looking at the name on that document.
Posted By: alemap

Re: Appraisal Ordering - 02/14/12 03:38 PM

Thanks Turtle! I'll check that out. Does that mean if the software addresses the appraisal to the bank but no particular individual, that she would be able to use the software?