New SFHDF

Posted By: David Dickinson

New SFHDF - 09/21/21 07:54 PM

It appears we have a new SFHDF.

From the OMB:
FEMA Form 086–0–32 (previously FEMA Form 81–93), SFHDF is used by regulated lending institutions, federal agency lenders, related lenders/regulators, and the Government. Federally regulated lending institutions complete this form when making, increasing, extending, renewing or purchasing each loan for the purpose is of determining whether flood insurance is required and available. The form may also be used by property owner, insurance agents, realtors, community officials for flood insurance related documentation.

The latest form for Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form expires 2023-09-30 and can be found here.
https://omb.report/omb/1660-0040

From FEMA:
https://www.fema.gov/flood-insurance/find-form/underwriting

I found this through CoreLogic:
https://images.insight.corelogic.com/Web/corelogic/%7B711a0b7b-256f-43ba-b195-066edfc3228b%7D_SFHDF_0421_cl.pdf
Posted By: M Cockrell

Re: New SFHDF - 09/22/21 01:58 PM

When was this form updated?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: New SFHDF - 09/22/21 02:18 PM

I cannot find it officially published yet - although it looks like it was approved by the OMB based on David's post. Likely, the NFIP site will be updated in the next few days.
Posted By: M Cockrell

Re: New SFHDF - 09/22/21 02:41 PM

Thank you, Randy.

I couldn't find it on FEMA's website either, but my Loan Ops Super is insisting our flood vendor has been using it since JANUARY!
Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: New SFHDF - 09/22/21 05:50 PM

I cannot find it officially either. It has an OMB Control No of 1660-0040 with an issue date of 04/21 - 5 months ago! It's FEMA Form FF-206-FY-21-116 and it says it expires 9/30/23.

I don't see any changes, but haven't reviewed it in detail yet.
Posted By: KwC

Re: New SFHDF - 09/28/21 03:53 PM

It doesn't look like my flood determination vendor is using the new form. Is there a set date that lenders must start using the new form? Thanks.

Re: New SFHDF - 09/28/21 04:14 PM

Hard to use it if you cannot find anywhere that it has been officially published.
Posted By: TryingtoComply

Re: New SFHDF - 10/20/21 09:30 PM

Anyone have an update on this?

Re: New SFHDF - 10/20/21 10:21 PM

It supposedly can be accessed from this NFIP website: https://www.fema.gov/flood-insurance/find-form/underwriting

Scroll down.

I have tried everything that I can think of and cannot get it to open. And yes - I have the most recent Adobe.

I continue to get: If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

If anyone is having any luck, I would appreciate to know the secret.

As far as a mandatory use date - I have seen nothing.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: New SFHDF - 10/21/21 01:37 PM

Right click on the download link, and select "Save Link As..." or similar option. That will put the file on your computer, and you should be able to open it with the Adobe Reader. In my case, it opened automatically when the download was completed.

The page says the form must be downloaded. Unfortunately, the link text says "Download" and you would infer from that a simple click would take care of it. Not the case. You have to right click and save it to your machine.

Re: New SFHDF - 10/21/21 02:26 PM

Thanks John smile
Posted By: simplycomplying

Re: New SFHDF - 10/21/21 02:48 PM

So now that we have found it and can print it, does anyone know of a mandatory use by date?

Re: New SFHDF - 10/21/21 03:59 PM

There is no guidance far as I know. There were no real changes to the form except for the expiration date and also except they really screwed up in Section C. Number 2:

2. Federal Flood Insurance is not available (community participates in the NFIP).

They appear to have deleted the "does not" before the participates.
Posted By: TryingtoComply

Re: New SFHDF - 10/21/21 08:28 PM

This is what FEMA says on their site at the location where you can download the form:

The Standard Flood Hazard Determination Form (SFHDF) is required for all federally backed loans and is used by lenders to determine the flood risk for their building loans. The form is authorized by the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 1994 (NFIRA) and is imposed on lenders by their regulatory entities, not by FEMA. FEMA oversees the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) which makes federally administered flood insurance available throughout the United States and is responsible for development, updates and making the form available to users. Implementation of the mandatory flood insurance purchase requirements of the Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973 and the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 94, as amended, is the responsibility of the various federal agencies that regulate lenders. Please contact your regulator or lender to determine their requirements.

So I guess we are supposed to wait for our regulator to provide information on when the form must be used? From what I understand, some vendors are already using it. But ours is not and I'm trying to figure out if this is going to be a problem.

Has anyone contacted the FDIC?
Posted By: Amy Warren

Re: New SFHDF - 11/29/21 10:38 PM

During an FDIC Live event today, we were told that using either form is permissible.
Posted By: liventhedream

Re: New SFHDF - 06/10/22 03:58 PM

Are we required to use this updated form I cannot find where it has been approved for use.

Re: New SFHDF - 06/10/22 04:18 PM

Call your EIC - it still contains a big error.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: New SFHDF - 03/17/23 02:49 PM

Has this ever been resolved? Are we still allowed to use either form?

Re: New SFHDF - 03/17/23 03:01 PM

Not unless you can figure out how to download the most recent form from the NFIP website https://www.fema.gov/flood-insurance/find-form/underwriting
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: New SFHDF - 03/22/23 04:07 PM

When you open the page Randy gave the link for, scroll down to the form's description. Below the description is a graphic of a down-pointing arrow next to the words "Download File." RIGHT CLICK on those words, and use the "Save Link As ..." option. Once you tell your system where to save it (and with what name if you want to use your own name for it), it should open in a PDF Reader. If it doesn't, open your PDF reader and use it to open the local copy of the file.

Re: New SFHDF - 03/22/23 04:56 PM

Thanks for the tip John - that works. It looks like they did finally update the form. Of course, it is just in time as the current version expires in September 2023. I do not think FEMA can say if it is required to be used by lenders, that comes down to your regulator.