Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1917698 - 04/25/14 04:29 PM Flood Vendor offering discount to switch - Sec 8?
Tarhe Online
Diamond Poster
California
If a flood vendor (used for determinations & flood monitoring services) offers the bank a "break" on the cost of their services for switching over to them, would that violate RESPA Section 8?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1917942 - 04/27/14 12:23 PM Re: Flood Vendor offering discount to switch - Sec 8? Tarhe
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
offers the bank a "break" on the cost of their services for switching over to them

What services?

Return to Top
#1918250 - 04/28/14 09:55 PM Re: Flood Vendor offering discount to switch - Sec 8? rlcarey
Tarhe Online
Diamond Poster
California
Evidently, a discount on the cost of each determination, and flood zone monitoring services? If the cost is less, we'd charge the borrower only what we were charged.

Return to Top
#1918690 - 04/30/14 11:07 AM Re: Flood Vendor offering discount to switch - Sec 8? Tarhe
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, a charge is the charge - whatever they set the price at. You would not even know it is a "discount". As salesman, I would always say that we normally charge $15 for a determination and a life of loan, but for you, we will give it to you for $12.

What would be a Section 8 issues is if they said, we will do a portfolio review for you and add all your current loans to our life of loan monitoring for free if you agree to start getting your future flood determinations through us.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL