Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1915606 - 04/18/14 11:57 AM NMLS Company Name
katie199 Offline
New Poster
I work at a mostly correspondent lender, and are having many of our correspodent customers using a variation of their company name for their initial 1003/final docs.

For example, NMLS shows XYZ bank but the bank is using "XYZ Bank d/b/a XYZ Mortgage". Or NMLS shows "ABC BANK" but the bank is using "AAA Bank a branch of ABC Bank". I

was hoping someone would be able to guide me to something in writing that says a bank must use their company name exactly as it is listed in NMLS. I have found documentation concerning the LO name but not the company. I realize that federally registered banks in NMLS cannot register branches or DBA's, but should their final docs show their exact bank name and not their branch name? Any help would be appreciated concerning NMLS legal names.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#1916432 - 04/22/14 03:49 PM Re: NMLS Company Name katie199
dapulm Offline
New Poster
I don't have an answer but I'm curious about this as well.

Return to Top
#1916436 - 04/22/14 03:55 PM Re: NMLS Company Name katie199
hgliii Offline
Platinum Poster
JMHO, you would use the Name of the Bank that is in the NMLSR and # for Documents. NMLS will only recognize the Name that is Registered. Just like they would not recognize a MLO that uses Jimmy Jones #, which is Registered as William James Jones #.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett