Skip to content

Account Styling: SSN or TIN for DDA in individual name, DBA as company?

Answered by: 

When opening a DDA in an individual's name, DBA as a company, can we use the individual's social security number, or are we required to use a business tax ID number?

The IRS will accept either the sole proprietor's SSN or the EIN issued to the sole proprietor (if he has one).

However, the IRS has expressed a preference that banks obtain and use the SSN in these cases.

First published on 04/21/03

First published on 04/21/2003

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics