Skip to content

Adding New Representative to Rep Payee Account

Answered by: 

I have an existing Rep Payee account. Social Security has now assigned a new Representative. Can we use the existing account and simply change the name to the new Rep Payee, or do we have to start a new account?

Only the account signatory is changing; the owner remains the same. You may change signatories based on the SSA's documentation and the new representative payee's request.

As the new representative payee, I would close the first account and open a new one to make it clear exactly where my responsibility began.

First published on 9/24/12

First published on 09/24/2012

Filed under: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics