Skip to content

Can Both Parents Be Guardians on UTMA Savings?

Answered by: 

In the state of Oklahoma, can both parents be guardians on a UTMA savings account?

The term in most states is "custodian" rather than "guardian." In most states, the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) permits only one custodian. Oklahoma is one of those states. 58 OSC 1211 says specifically: "A transfer may be made only for one minor, and only one person may be the custodian. All custodial property held according to the provisions of the Oklahoma Uniform Transfers to Minors Act by the same custodian for the benefit of the same minor constitutes a single custodianship."

First published on 2/4/13

First published on 02/04/2013

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics