Skip to content

Cashier’s check presented as ACH entry

Answered by: 

What can we do if one of our cashier’s checks is converted and paid as an ACH check conversion?

You can return the ACH entry using an R10 code (completing a WSUP for the files). You have about 60 calendar days to do so. Or, if you caught it in time to return it with an R39 (regular return deadline), you won’t need the WSUD. Both the R39 and the R10 can be used for “improper or ineligible” check conversions to ARC, BOC or POP entries, and checks that are obligations of a financial institution are not “eligible source documents” (see Nacha 2020 Operating Rules, section 8.36).

First published on 05/31/2020

Filed under: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics