Skip to content

Commercial Business Loans & the HUD-1 Form

Answered by: 

A question was recently posed on whether the revised HUD-1 had to be used on commercial business loans made to a corporation, partnership, etc. (non-consumer/exempt from RESPA). I was unable to find an answer to this question. Can the simple/previous HUD-1 be used for these types of loans?

You are not required to use a HUD-1 for a business loan. You can use the old HUD-1 for business loans, but it would be better to create your own form to avoid any confusion with staff regarding whether a loan is business or consumer purpose, and what is needed. Some loan systems have a statement of charges form for business loans.

First published on 5/03/10

First published on 05/03/2010

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics