Skip to content

Dealing with Counterfeit Postal Money Orders

Answered by: 

We have a case of counterfeit US Postal money orders. Do I have to report that to FBI or Secret Service? If so, how? Do I just call them?

If the money orders total $5,000 or more and you have an identifiable suspect, you must file a SAR. If they total $25,000 or more, whether or not you have a suspect, you must file. Whether or not you must file a SAR, I suggest you contact the most local office of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, which you can locate on the Service's website.

First published on 10/18/10

First published on 10/18/2010

Filed under: 
Filed under security as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics