Skip to content

Disclosures on Flyers

Answered by: 

We have a mortgage lending office about two hours from deposit taking branches. The mortgage area wants to hand out flyers advertising the banking services we offer. Is the FDIC logo required on them? We're afraid it will look as though the loans are FDIC insured.

Presuming that you are FDIC-insured, you need the logo or the abbreviated advertising statement (Member FDIC) on flyers that advertise deposit services or flyers advertising banking services in general. Be careful to omit references to non-insured investment products in the flyers, or carefully segregate them and make it clear that they are not covered by FDIC insurance. It does not matter that you are handing out the flyers at a loan production office.

First published on 7/24/06

First published on 07/24/2006

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics