Skip to content

Dispute Form for Foreign ATM Withdrawal (Reg E)

Answered by: 

A customer uses a foreign ATM to do a withdrawal and does not receive the funds they withdrew. Which dispute form is appropriate to use for Reg E Compliance?

All the customer is required to do is notify you of the unauthorized ATM transaction. No writing is required to trigger your responsibilities under Regulation E Section 205.11, and if the customer does provide a written claim, all it has to identify is the customer's name and account number, the transaction in question ("ATM withdrawal June 11, Lyons, France") and the reason the customer believes it was unauthorized ("I have never been in France and I haven't given my card to anyone to use.")

The ATM network over which the transaction was recorded should have procedures and forms for the bank to complete in order to complete the investigation and request the adjustment from the foreign ATM owner.

First published on 11/28/11

First published on 11/28/2011

Filed under: 
Filed under technology as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics