Skip to content

Documents for Opening Acct for Non-resident Alien

Answered by: 

What documents do we need to open accounts to be in compliance for non-resident aliens other than the regular documents (CIP etc)?

Outside of standard CIP requirements or any other requirement developed internally, you are required to comply with the following:

1020.220(a)(2)(i)(A)( 4 )(ii) For a non-U.S. person, one or more of the following: A taxpayer identification number; passport number and country of issuance; alien identification card number; or number and country of issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard.

First published on 05/09/2021

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics