Skip to content

Employment Authorization Document- Green Card

Answered by: 

Our bank currently does not open accounts for Non-Resident Aliens (NRA). I have a new customer that has an ITIN for work only, and a work authorization that will expire at the end of the year. She says that she is a "permanent resident" but does not have a permanent resident card. She says that this Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is her "green card" and is the same thing as a "permanent resident" card. Do I need to worry with it, or just take her word and move on?

You cannot be a permanent resident alien without having a green card in your possession.

First published on 07/26/2020

Filed under: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics