Skip to content

Flood determination after map change?

If our flood vendor notifies us of a map change, does this mean we need to order a brand new flood determination?

No. You only need to obtain a new determination if you are making, increasing, renewing or extending a loan. In other words, if you have an existing loan and are notified of a map change, you don’t need to get a new determination. However, if the map change caused a property to now be in a Special Flood Hazard Area, you will need to provide a flood notification to the borrowers, require insurance and possibly escrow for the premiums.

Learn more about David and Jerod’s webinar Part I: Flood Insurance: Requirements and Best Practices .

First published on 04/03/2016

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics