Skip to content

HMDA Occupancy Code Non MSA Property

Answered by: 

Should we be reporting a HMDA code "3" in the owner occupancy category when the property location is not in an MSA, or can we report a "1 - owner occupied" or "2 - not owner occupied"?

This is what the Getting It Right booklet tells you, so you may have a choice in the code, but I recommend you be consistent.

Use Code 3 if the property to which the loan relates is a multifamily dwelling; is not located in a metropolitan area; or is located in a metropolitan area in which your institution has neither a home nor a branch office. Alternatively, at your institution’s option, you may report the actual occupancy status, using Code 1 or 2 as applicable.

First published on 4/5/04

First published on 04/05/2004

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics