Skip to content

How to Report Negative Income on HMDA LAR

Answered by: 

I have a loan that was denied. How do I report negative income on the HDMA LAR? Do I use NA?

Make sure you are looking at GROSS income, not net after deductions. If the applicant earns a salary, enter the gross salary before any deductions, exemptions or expenses.

If somehow income is truly negative, you should enter NA. If you try to enter 0 as the income in the FFIEC software, you will receive a validity error saying the income is "zero, missing, negative, or if non-numeric, does not equal NA". If you use other software, it will convert a zero to NA or require NA rather than zero so that the submission is correct.

First published on 2/13/12

First published on 02/13/2012

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics