Skip to content

Increasing Construction Only Loan-Disclosure

I have a personal construction only loan that we are increasing. How do I disclose the fees that are associated with the increase? Can the bank charge a processing fee? The rate and maturity date are not changing.

Dan Persfull

What fees you can charge would be governed by state law.

If the transaction is a refinance under 1026.20 you would need to provide TRID disclosures. If it is not a refinance then generally fees associated with the change-in-terms/modification are generally disclosed in the CIT/Modification agreement. If you are unsure how to disclose them you may want to consult the bank's legal counsel.


Richard Insley

This may be the first time these questions have arisen, but probably won't be the last. After you get answers from the bank's attorney, you should consider adding them to your procedures and training.

First published on 04/18/2021

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics