Skip to content

ITINs Required for Non-Resident Alien Accounts

Answered by: 

Currently, we don't require our non-resident alien accounts to have ITINs. My understanding is that a non-resident alien can receive an ITIN or SS# (in some cases). With this new reporting requirement of interest paid to non-resident aliens, will we need ITINs on all of our NRA accounts? Otherwise what number do we report them under on the 1042-S?

If you don't receive an ITIN or SSN, then there is nothing to report. The new instructions for the 1042-S are out:

First published on 1/14/13

First published on 01/14/2013

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics