Skip to content

Non-profit Unincorporated Association TIN

Answered by: 

I have a new account for a Non-Profit Unincorporated Association that is wanting to use the TIN of their For-Profit Sponsor. Shouldn't they be applying for their own TIN?

Yes. "Non profit" is a broad label that may be attached to a number of different enterprises. However, non profit status is awarded by the IRS in response to an application from the organization. The application includes a space for an EIN; if they don't have an EIN, they cannot even apply for non profit status.

I suggest that your customer call IRS Exempt Organizations Customer Account Services toll-free at 1-877-829-5500 for additional information.

First published on 9/04/06

First published on 09/04/2006

Filed under: 
Filed under security as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics