Skip to content

Partnership Reporting

Answered by: 

Can a partnership report under one of the partner’s social security number, rather than filing for a EIN?

No, a partnership is a separate legal entity from the partners. It must have an EIN. From the bank's perspective, CIP regulations not only require that you get a TIN from a U.S. person, they require you to get the right TIN according to IRS guidelines.

First published on 11/16/09

First published on 11/16/2009

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics