Skip to content

Personal Rep Endorsing Decedent's Saving Bond

Answered by: 

How does a person properly endorse a U.S. Savings Bond when the owner is deceased? (The person was the personal representative of the deceased.)

Your institution should have on hand a copy of the Treasury's Guide to Cashing Savings Bonds. The last section of the Guide includes a series of questions you should follow to ensure that you have the appropriate documentation for handling this sort of transaction. If you are sure that you have all the required documents, plus the EIN assigned to the estate (you cannot accept the SSN of the decedent or the estate representative), have the executor or administrator sign his or her name with the annotation of his/her representative capacity (for example, Ex. U/W of Mary Jones, Dec'd).

First published on 9/01/08

First published on 09/01/2008

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics