Skip to content

Reg E Request Signature for Debit Card Disputes

Answered by: 

How do we submit MasterCard debit card disputes if MC wants a signature but REG E won't let us request it of the customer?

In the event you are unable to file a chargeback due to lack of documentation, your alternative for conducting a Reg E investigation is to file a retreival request. No cardholder signature is required, and the merchant must produce documentation regarding the authorization of the transaction that you can use in determining liability under Reg E.

First published on 2/18/13.

First published on 02/18/2013

Filed under: 
Filed under technology as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics