Answer by Kathleen Blanchard:National Banks must comply with the act itself; it is not codified as a regulation.
Answer by Dana Turner: The verbatim regulations that address security requirements for all types of financial institutions -- banks, credit unions and thrifts -- may be located and downloaded on BankersOnline. Those regulations include:
- Regulation H - 12 CFR Part 208 Subpart F (FRB)
- 12 CFR Part 326 -- Minimum Security Devices And Procedures and Bank Secrecy Act (FDIC)
- 12 CFR Part 748 of the NCUA Rules and Regulations (NCUA) & Section 5193 NCUA Accounting Manual
- NCUA Letter to Credit Unions -- LETTER NO. 02-CU-12 (NCUA)
- 12 CFR Part 21 -- Minimum Security Devices and Procedures, Reports of Suspicious Activities, and Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program (OCC)
- 12 CFR Part 568 Compliance Laws & Regulations -- (OTS)
State regulations may also contain different requirements, so be sure to contact your primary state regulator for guidance.
First published on BankersOnline.com 11/7/11