Skip to content

Reg. U Stock Loans

Answered by: 

Are Reg. U disclosures required for a stock loan when the stock is not being held by bank, but is in brokerage account and we have a control agreement?

Reg U doesn't stipulate anything about where the stock is held. If the loan is for more than $100,000 and is secured in whole or in part by margin stock, the Form Reg U-1 is required.

First published on 3/15/04

First published on 03/15/2004

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics