Skip to content

Report Which Prop on HMDA LAR? (Equity on Primary)

Answered by: 

Applicant wants to take equity out of their primary residence at 123 Main Street in order to purchase a secondary residence at 456 Washington Street, using the Main Street as Collateral. Which property should we report on the HMDA LAR?

See page D-12 of the HMDA: Getting it Right guide:

Property location ”multiple properties (home purchase/refinance of home purchase).

For a home purchase loan, an institution reports the property taken as security.

First published on 5/20/13

First published on 05/20/2013

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 
Filed under security as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics