Skip to content

Reporting Insider Fraud

Answered by: 

What/where does one report insider banking fraud that includes the vice president, producing fraudulent checks with wrong routing numbers, and handing out wrong direct deposit forms?

Regardless of any dollar amounts involved, such fraud must be reported on a Suspicious Activity Report filed with FinCEN and, in my opinion, the bank's primary federal regulator. The individual who has witnessed or who suspects such fraud should contact the department or person responsible for filing such a report (also called a SAR) to make an internal referral of the activity. If unsure of whom to contact, go to the bank's Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) officer for direction. It is also critical that fraud of this type be reported to the bank's Security Officer.

First published on 9/27/10

First published on 09/27/2010

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics