Skip to content

Reporting Referral Income

Answered by: 

If we give a $60 gift certificate for checking account referrals, do we have to issue a 1099 INT or a 1099-MISC?

Referral rewards would fall under the 1099-MISC rules. You'll need to record name, address and TIN just in case you pay a person $600 or more in a year.

First published on 9/20/10

First published on 09/20/2010

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics