Skip to content

Series 7 Requirement (Oil/Gas Lease)

Answered by: 

Is a series 7 required to sign up people on oil/gas lease?

A Series 7 license is needed to sell certain securities. I have no idea what "sign up people on oil/gas lease?" might mean, but if it is defined as the sale of securities, yes you would need one. However, if it means the sale of commodities or commodity futures, you would need a Series 3 license.

First published on 03/02/2015

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics