Skip to content

USA PATRIOT Act & CIP - Minor Identification

Answered by: 

What is the best way to identify a minor and still comply with the USA PATRIOT Act and CIP? We currently do not accept birth certificates and most times the only ID the minor child has is a social security card. Is that enough?

A Social Security card isn't a suitable form of identification. You can use it to help verify the SSN that you collect on the minor, but not much else. Some kids have school ID cards with photos. I would not put them on a level with drivers' licenses, but they could be considered better than nothing.

First published on 9/01/08

First published on 09/01/2008

Filed under: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics