Issued by FDIC
Appendix A—Federal Agencies to be Listed in Adverse Action Notices
The following list indicates the Federal agency or agencies that should be listed in notices provided by creditors pursuant to §1002.9(b)(1). Any questions concerning a particular creditor may be directed to such agencies. This list is not intended to describe agencies' enforcement authority for ECOA and Regulation B. Terms that are not defined in the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (12 U.S.C. 1813(s)) shall have the meaning given to them in the International Banking Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. 3101).
1. Banks, savings associations, and credit unions with total assets of over $10 billion and their affiliates: Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW., Washington DC 20006. Such affiliates that are not banks, savings associations, or credit unions also should list, in addition to the Bureau: FTC Regional Office for region in which the creditor operates or Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington, DC 20580.
2. To the extent not included in item 1 above:
a. National banks, Federal savings associations, and Federal branches and Federal agencies of foreign banks: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Customer Assistance Group, 1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450, Houston, TX 77010–9050
b. State member banks, branches and agencies of foreign banks (other than Federal branches, Federal agencies, and insured state branches of foreign banks), commercial lending companies owned or controlled by foreign banks, and organizations operating under section 25 or 25A of the Federal Reserve Act: Federal Reserve Consumer Help Center, P.O. Box 1200, Minneapolis, MN 55480.
c. Nonmember Insured Banks, Insured State Branches of Foreign Banks, and Insured State Savings Associations: FDIC Consumer Response Center, 1100 Walnut Street, Box #11, Kansas City, MO 64106.
d. Federal Credit Unions: National Credit Union Administration, Office of Consumer Protection, 1775 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
3. Air carriers: Assistant General Counsel for Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings, Department of Transportation, 400 Seventh Street SW., Washington, DC 20590.
4. Creditors Subject to Surface Transportation Board: Office of Proceedings, Surface Transportation Board, Department of Transportation, 1925 K Street NW., Washington, DC 20423.
5. Creditors Subject to Packers and Stockyards Act: Nearest Packers and Stockyards Administration area supervisor.
6. Small Business Investment Companies: Associate Deputy Administrator for Capital Access, United States Small Business Administration, 409 Third Street SW., 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20416.
7. Brokers and Dealers: Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, DC 20549.
8. Federal Land Banks, Federal Land Bank Associations, Federal Intermediate Credit Banks, and Production Credit Associations: Farm Credit Administration, 1501 Farm Credit Drive, McLean, VA 22102–5090.
9. Retailers, Finance Companies, and All Other Creditors Not Listed Above: FTC Regional Office for region in which the creditor operates or Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington, DC 20580.