Issued by FDIC
Part 1005 - Electronic Fund Transfers (Regulation E)
Click HERE for a table of recent Federal Register and other documents affecting this regulation.
Sections marked with an asterisk (*) below include pending amendments as part of the CFPB's Prepaid Accounts rule. The CFPB published a rule on January 26, 2018, delaying the effective date for these changes until April 1, 2019. The CFPB has released Version 3.0 of a Fact Sheet highlighting the effective dates and related exceptions and accommodations. Other Bureau compliance resources for the rule can be found on its Prepaid Rule Implementation & Guidance page.
- Subpart A—General
- Sec. 1005.1 Authority and purpose.
- Sec. 1005.2 Definitions.*
- Sec. 1005.3 Coverage.
- Sec. 1005.4 General disclosure requirements; jointly offered services.*
- Sec. 1005.5 Issuance of access devices.
- Sec. 1005.6 Liability of consumer for unauthorized transfers.
- Sec. 1005.7 Initial disclosures.
- Sec. 1005.8 Change in terms notice; error resolution notice.
- Sec. 1005.9 Receipts at electronic terminals; periodic statements.
- Sec. 1005.10 Preauthorized transfers.*
- Sec. 1005.11 Procedures for resolving errors.*
- Sec. 1005.12 Relation to other laws*
- Sec. 1005.13 Administrative enforcement; record retention
- Sec. 1005.14 Electronic fund transfer service provider not holding consumer's account
- Sec. 1005.15 Electronic fund transfer of government benefits*
- Sec. 1005.16 Disclosures at automated teller machines.
- Sec. 1005.17 Requirements for overdraft services.*
- Sec. 1005.18 Requirements for financial institutions offering payroll card accounts.*
- Sec. 1005.19 Internet posting of prepaid account agreements.*
- Sec. 1005.20—Requirements for gift cards and gift certificates
- SUBPART B—REQUIREMENTS FOR REMITTANCE TRANSFERS
- 1005.30—Remittance transfer definitions*
- 1005.33—Procedures for resolving errors.
- 1005.34—Procedures for cancellation and refund of remittance transfers.
- 1005.35—Acts of agents.
- 1005.36—Transfers scheduled before the date of transfer.
- Appendix A—Model Disclosure Clauses and Forms*
- Appendix B—[Reserved]
- Appendix C—Issuance of Official Interpretations
- Supplement I—Official Interpretations
- Federal Register Resources
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools
From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:Banker Store