Issued by FDIC
Regulation J - Check Collection and Funds Transfer
This Regulation has amendments effective January 1, 2019. Sections with amendments are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Subpart A--Collection of Checks and Other Items By Federal Reserve Banks
- Sec. 210.1 Authority, purpose, and scope.
- Sec. 210.2 Definitions.*
- Sec. 210.3 General provisions.*
- Sec. 210.4 Sending items to Reserve Banks.*
- Sec. 210.5 Sender's agreement; recovery by Reserve Bank.*
- Sec. 210.6 Status, warranties, and liability of Reserve Bank.*
- Sec. 210.7 Presenting items for payment.*
- Sec. 210.8 Presenting noncash Items for Acceptance
- Sec. 210.9 Settlement and payment.*
- Sec. 210.10 Time schedule and availability of credits for cash items and returned checks.*
- Sec. 210.11 Availability of proceeds of noncash items; time schedule.*
- Sec. 210.12 Return of cash items and handling of returned checks.*
- Sec. 210.13 Unpaid items.
- Sec. 210.14 Extension of time limits.
- Sec. 210.15 Direct presentment of certain warrants.
- Subpart B--Funds Transfers Through Fedwire
- Sec. 210.25 Authority, purpose, and scope.*
- Sec. 210.26 Definitions.*
- Sec. 210.27 Reliance on identifying number.
- Sec. 210.28 Agreement of sender.
- Sec. 210.29 Agreement of receiving bank.*
- Sec. 210.30 Payment orders.
- Sec. 210.31 Payment by a Federal Reserve Bank to a receiving bank or beneficiary.
- Sec. 210.32 Federal Reserve Bank liability; payment of interest.
- Appendix A to Subpart B--Commentary*
- Appendix B to Subpart B - Article 4A, Funds Transfers
- Authority: FRB
- Recent Federal Register documents affecting this regulation.
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools
From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:Banker Store