How to gain more from operational risk management practices.
Modern risk management technology solutions improve efficiency and provide greater visibility into risks. Today’s tools provide real-time visibility, action plans, enhanced reporting and business intelligence, and proactive notifications for operational risk. Real-time data empowers banks and financial services organizations to proactively manage risks and instantly detect and mitigate emerging issues. Click here to learn more.
SEC proposes update of bank disclosure rules
The SEC has announced that it has proposed rules to update the statistical disclosures that bank and savings and loan registrants provide to investors, and eliminate disclosures that overlap with Commission rules, U.S. GAAP or IFRS. The proposed rules would replace Industry Guide 3, Statistical Disclosure by Bank Holding Companies, with updated disclosure in a new subpart of Regulation S-K. The proposed rules would apply to bank holding companies, banks, savings and loan holding companies, and savings and loan associations. The proposed rules would require disclosure about:
- Distribution of assets, liabilities and stockholders’ equity, the related interest income and expense, and interest rates and interest differential;
- Weighted average yield of investments in debt securities by maturity;
- Maturity analysis of the loan portfolio including the amounts that have predetermined interest rates and floating or adjustable interest rates;
- An allocation of the allowance for credit losses and certain credit ratios; and
- Information about bank deposits including amounts that are uninsured.
The proposal will have a 60-day public comment period following its publication in the Federal Register.
UPDATE: Published on 10/3/2019 with a comment deadline of 12/2/2019.