Exception Tracking Spreadsheet (TicklerTrax™)
Downloaded by more than 1,000 bankers. Free Excel spreadsheet to help you track missing and expiring documents for credit and loans, deposits, trusts, and more. Visualize your exception data in interactive charts and graphs. Provided by bank technology vendor, AccuSystems. Download TicklerTrax for free.
Treasury has updated its PPP FAQs
The Treasury Department has updated its FAQ document on Paycheck Protection Program Loans. Participating banks should "bookmark" that page and check it regularly for updates.
The changes to the FAQs as of April 6 provide these clarifications:
- That lenders may rely on borrower certifications as to the applicability of affiliation rules (question 4).
- That lenders do not need to re-verify beneficial ownership information for existing customers. (If participating depository institutions have not yet collected beneficial ownership information on an existing customer, they are not required to do so when that customer applies for PPP loans, unless the lender's risk-based BSA compliance program indicates otherwise.) (question 18)
- How payroll is defined under the CARES Act, including the calculation of non-cash benefits and coverage of paid leave. (Various questions)
- Methods for determining payroll to calculate maximum loan amounts. (various questions)
- That lenders who processed applications based on the April 2 interim final rule may rely on the laws, rules and guidance available at the time. (question 17)
Also, the SBA has approved and made available a promissory note that can be used for PPP loans. The agency has also established a new lender gateway at connect.sba.gov to be used for submitting loan authorization requests. For updated lender information on the SBA's Paycheck Protection Program, access the Lender Forms and Guidance section of its Paycheck Protection Program webpage.