How to gain more from operational risk management practices.
Modern risk management technology solutions improve efficiency and provide greater visibility into risks. Today’s tools provide real-time visibility, action plans, enhanced reporting and business intelligence, and proactive notifications for operational risk. Real-time data empowers banks and financial services organizations to proactively manage risks and instantly detect and mitigate emerging issues. Click here to learn more.
Winners of FinCEN's BSA Awards program
FinCEN has announced the award recipients of the 2020 FinCEN Director’s Law Enforcement Awards Program who will be publicly identified in an official ceremony on October 29, 2020 in Washington, DC.
The annual program recognizes law enforcement agencies that used Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) reporting to successfully pursue and prosecute criminal investigation in seven categories:
- SAR Review Task Force - Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Significant Fraud - Immigration and Customs Enforcement-Homeland Security Investigations
- Cyber Threat - Immigration and Customs Enforcement-Homeland Security Investigations
- State and Local Enforcement - New York State Police
- Third Party Money Launderers - Internal Revenue Service-Criminal Investigation
- Transnational Organized Crime - Drug Enforcement Administration
- Transnational Security Threat Category - Federal Bureau of Investigation
The description of each investigation illustrates the key role of financial industry BSA filings in law enforcement's pursuit of criminals.