Are you looking for an efficient, focused update & reminder on BSA compliance? You've found it!
Ongoing Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training is a legal requirement. For the experienced BSA officer or auditor, that training needs to focus on
- recent developments and
- reminders regarding key issues.
This two hour session was designed for you.
No other federal regulation contains more stringent, enforceable training requirements than those relating to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance. Even experienced personnel are expected to maintain their knowledge level with ongoing education. However, sometimes sitting through a full day BSA program leaves experienced personnel hoping for "knowledge nuggets" between the reviews of long-standing requirements.
This program is designed to make that continuing education requirement more efficient and effective. The manual is the one that the presenter uses in a full day seminar. It is approximately 125 pages long and includes a full review of domestic BSA requirements. However, this session focuses on specific pulse points in BSA compliance. It's the best of both worlds, a comprehensive resource, but a presentation that keys in on the important highlights.
This presentation emphasizes common BSA violations and important developments in the preceding 12 months. Registrants have an opportunity to submit questions and suggested areas of emphasis prior to the program. Currently, the issues where emphasis is expected include:
- Suggestions for how to simply "keep up" with BSA's constant evolution
- Reminders about compliance issues that are common errors or problems in BSA examinations
- Reviews of key FinCEN announcements made in the last several months
- The new "fifth pillar" of BSA/AML compliance and the concept of "beneficial ownership"
- Recent BSA-AML enforcement actions
- Suggestions for content of general interest received by registrants in advance of the program
(If you need training specifically concentrated on the due diligence, aka beneficial ownership regulation, there is a November, 2016 webinar by this presenter that focuses entirely on that topic.)
The seminar was phenomenal. Wonderful coverage and discussion of current BSA topics. I really appreciated the advice about matching the policy to the FFIEC Core Examination Procedures. - khastings82
Excellent Quality - triumphbsa
Ken is very knowledgeable - HighlandBank